Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Loves it...

So, Pearl Izumi has some great tri gear (which I did not know... I thought it was just shoes). Anyway, my running mag had an awesome ad that I loved and I thought I'd share. The tagline is "If you just ran without sacrifice, congratulations, you just jogged."

Running hurts. It always has. Woolly mammoths didn’t just roll over onto a plate and serve themselves up to prehistoric man with fries and a shake. They had to be caught - and running down woolly mammoths was a bitch. Guess what? Running is still a bitch. But one with a purpose. It teaches us that good things do not come easy. it teaches us that we are capable of more than we think. It teaches us that hard work will be rewarded and laziness will be punished. Don’t expect to learn those life lessons from running’s shiftless stepchild, jogging. Next time you suffer on the roads or trails, suffer proudly. It means you run like an animal.

I always knew I was susceptible to advertising, but this is a new level of ridiculous for me. It's actually motivating enough to get me to go out there in the mornings and kick my own ass. Well, maybe the motivation comes from within, but this was a fun little kick in the pants!

For more inspiration from Madison Ave., click here: http://www.wearenotjoggers.com/home




No comments: