Thursday, March 19, 2009

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down

So, I am taking a rest day because I had the worst run ever yesterday. I'm not sure what was wrong with me, but Javier (Twitter friend and new coach ) thinks that it may have been a lack of fueling before the run. This is the most likely the correct answer. I did make up a few of my own which included:
  1. I forgot to refuel after my 2 miler the day before
  2. I took an Advil the day before
  3. I didn't eat a cookie or any refined sugar that day <--- my pick
Anyway, so the extra time I have tonight is being dedicated to lounging on the couch, cleaning up around the house, and trying to get the word out about a Jack Russell that used to live down the block from us, named Lucy, that is up for adoption. Lucy was passed to a couple that live down the block by their son who had to get rid of her for some reason or another. Then they gave her away because she didn't get along with their existing dog. It's my personal crusade as both a JRT lover and a neighbor to find this girl a home. She has a ton of personality and is hilarious. She is sweet to people, but can't be around small kids or other pets. I know it sounds like a tall order, but she would be great for a DINK couple or an older couple with a yard. She is 6, potty-trained, and walks on a leash.

Lucy's adoption information is located here: http://tinyurl.com/LucyJRT Please help!

1 comment:

Atrusni said...

You should remember that the act of running by itself is something to be proud of. Not all runs are good runs, but you should be happy just because you achieve to run a certain distance.

Keep on running!!