Thursday, January 8, 2009

I'll leave this old world with a satisfied mind.

So, I listen to Bob Dylan a lot, and today I heard 'A Satisfied Mind', and it really meant something to me for the first time. Those of you that know me know that I left a consulting job working for SAP. It was a job I really liked, but I was never home. It made me fat, tired, slow, etc, etc. So, the first chance I had to grab a job that I would find as fulfilling that would allow me to be home more often, I swore I was going to take. Well, that happened much more easily than I could believe (thanks to my friend Pam). I now have a job that allows me to be home with my husband and dogs, and see my family. I have a pretty breezy commute on the train downtown. All in all, it's a pretty damn good break - ESPECIALLY in this economic crunch.

So, all in all, things are pretty good. What does this have to do with Tri? Well, I have lost any excuse I had available to me to avoid training regularly, watching my diet, staying motivated, etc, etc. I feel like this new year is exactly that for me, a year where I not necessarily start over - but a year where I get to actually be the person I have wanted to be.

With that Hallmark moment having passed, I'm going to get my arse to the pool for some drills!

No comments: